What foods should gout patients eat?
When you are living with gout, you can treat it by medicine and combine with following diet to prevent a recurrence of gout.
- Grains, cereal, rice, noodles, potato, pasta...
- Fruits: watermelon, pears, apples, grapes ... containing water without purines, and they are good for gout patients.
- The fiber-rich vegetables such as: cabbage, potatoes, cucumbers, cassava... help to reduce the absorption of protein, decreasing protein degradation and reduce the formation of uric acid.
- Milk is rich in protein, but it contains very little purines. Milk is good for gout patients.
- Drink plenty of water (at least 2-3 liters / day).
- Drink non-carbonated mineral water with high alkalinity or fruit juice to increase the uric acid excretion, decrease the risk of kidney stones.
The foods are good for gout patients:
Gout is caused mainly by eating too much protein and drinking beer, wine, but lack of exercises. So gout patients should avoid purine-rich foods such as seafood, offal…
Also, broccoli is also good food for gout patients. Broccoli has ability to get rid of uric acid. Cooking broccoli with some water and drinking it every day instead of pure water can help to excrete uric acid, prevent gout effectively.
Strawberry is low in calories but rich in vitamin C, and flavonoids. So strawberry is not only useful for skin, anti-aging, vitamin C in strawberries also helps to cure gout effectively.
Pineapple is rich in organic acids such as citric acid, malic acid, vitamins A, B, and particularly high levels of vitamin C (60%), many minerals and enzyme bromelin.
Moreover, pineapple juice is very nutritious, beneficial to the digestive system. It also reduces arteriosclerosis, kidney stones, arthritis, gout...
4. Red beans
Red beans don’t contain purines, they are very good for patients with gout.
Cauliflower is one of the vegetables containing low in purines. According to traditional nutrition, cauliflower is cool, sweet, uses the heat, diuretic, so it is suitable for people with high blood uric acid.
Cherry is rich in vitamin C - a vitamin can reduce the amount of uric acid in the blood.
People with gout eat at least half a kilo of cherries per day to relieve the gout pain.
Radish is very suitable for people with gout. This is also alkaline vegetables, rich in vitamins, plenty of water and no purines.
Cabbage doesn’t contain purines, so it is very good for people with high blood uric acid.
Zucchini has ability to detoxify, loss weight, and it is also diuretic.
Besides, it is alkaline food, it contains plenty of water and small amount of purines, get rid of uric acid through urination effectively.
Watermelon is a fruit good for acute gout.
Let’s enjoy them every day to feel the differences.
Wish you have a strong life!
*** Good luck ***
[ Tee ]